- What Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- Disclosing Your Personal Information
- Protecting Your Personal Information
- Accessing and Changing Your Personal Information#
- Contacting Us
- Changes to this Policy
The materials contained in this site are protected and applicable to copyright and trademark law.
Carpet Court New Zealand reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions at any time which will become effective once published on this website. By using this site, you agree to the current version of these Terms and Conditions of use.
What information we collect
We may collect personal information about you from a number of sources, including directly from you, when you use our website or deal with us in-store, over the telephone, by letter or e-mail, though social media (such as via Facebook or Instagram) or competitions and surveys. For example, you may provide us with your personal information to enable us to provide you with information or services, respond to your enquiries, provide you with a quote or an e-receipt, or carry out a transaction that you have requested. Personal information collected by us may include your name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal or physical address, product purchases and preferences, credit card details or other personal information.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to manage product warranties
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group with your consent
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checks
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
Protecting your personal information
Carpet Court NZ holds your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. When we receive information electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions. Information received in hard copy (commonly paper) is normally retained in our files and a copy may be made to our electronic files.
We may use third-party service providers to store your personal information and provide us with services. This means that we may transfer personal information, or access it from, countries other than New Zealand.
We recognise that we are accountable for your personal information wherever it is in the world and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third-party service providers we use can meet our privacy and security expectations.
We retain your information for as long as we need to carry out the purposes of collection, or longer if we are required to by law.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect all personal information. This includes taking reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or unauthorised disclosure.
Wherever your personal information is stored, we take reasonable steps to ensure that it is protected against loss or unauthorised access, modification, use or disclosure.
Accessing and changing your personal information
Please contact us (as set out below) if you would like access to the personal information we may hold about you or if you would like us to update or correct it. We may require further information to assist the retrieval of information and or verify your identity and reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for gaining access.
We will handle any request in accordance with the relevant privacy regulations. Generally, if requested we will amend any personal information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If we are not able or unwilling to provide access to any personal information or to correct any personal information held by us, we will provide reason for declining to provide.
Enquiries on how to access personal information can be emailed to: email@example.com.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This policy was last updated on 26 January 2021.